Using this Manual with Virtualoso Guitar
When an idea can be demonstrated with the Virtualoso Guitar software, the passage will
be marked with an activity icon like this one. The supporting text will describe the steps required in order
to demonstrate the concept.
General suggestions about using this manual with the software:
- See the User's Manual or Part II of this manual for the different kinds of instruction
that Virtualoso Guitar provides. Your best path is probably to go through this manual in order. The chapter order
of this manual somewhat follows the order within the software's "Mode" menu.
- Some of the sheet music examples in this manual . By clicking on the sheet music, you will hear the example. This
provides you with the sound associated with new musical notation concepts so you don't have to wonder what the
music notation would hypothetically sound like.
There are features of the software that you should be aware of before you begin your studies:
- You will find that the Explore Music mode (the mode that Virtualoso Guitar initially
starts in) contains some powerful features in helping you to visualize the locations of all of the equivalent
notes and equivalent natural harmonics. You will be asked to run Virtualoso Guitar in order to
demonstrate these concepts.
- The Explore Chords, Explore Scales and the Choose Key Signature windows, all contain
"Make Me Guess" menu items that are briefly covered in this manual. The menu items randomly select
a chord, scale or key signature and display it for you in the Virtualoso Guitar and Sheet Music windows. By entering
the menu again, you can see the text based name for the quantity that is currently displayed. This type of testing
is not counted towards your overall progress, yet is still quite beneficial to your overall knowledge.
- Any menu item for any mode that has the phrase "QUIZ...", saves the
results of the testing for your progress reports. Part II of this manual will describe many of the quiz options
that Virtualoso Guitar provides. You should read the associated chapters in this manual before beginning testing.